11/25/2007

I hate saying goodbye to old friends, it always breaks my heart...

I saw the lovely miss Rosie Posie tonight, I haven't seen her since March, since the saddest day of my life (no fault of hers). We went to SingSing which is always a good time, but saying goodbye to someone I grew up with, experienced puberty with, lived with, and basically spent all day every day with, is never easy. I also thought I saw him at the bar, the man looked like an identical twin but with rougher features. Not only did I have to do a double take to make sure it wasn't him but I had to stare long and hard. it may be that my eyes are playing tricks on me because I also thought I saw Photo Mike earlier but it was some old guy. I think I am just missing the past, missing being young and reckless, missing being so free and open, and people like Rosie Posie remind me of those times. I can feel the break in my heart cracking a little bit more right now as I wander down that memory lane and remember everything that was so great to me, all of which is so distant and lost to me now. I think I really just need a big hug and someone to tell me in the end all those great things of my past will come together again. After all, I never was any good at goodbyes...

No comments: