1/06/2008

A serious reconsideration...

Why did I agree to this? I don't know if I can handle living with my mother. I just tried to put a load of laundry in the washer, and from the other room she asked me what I was doing. The conversation went something like this...


Mother: What are you doing?


Me: Putting something in the washer...


Mother: Woah, woah, woah... What is it?


Me: A handfull of laundry, what else would it be?


Mother: (at this point she has raised her voice and is now inspecting my laundry) A handfull, why don't you go find some other stuff to wash with it? You do not wash half a load of laundry.


After she went crazy and further inspected my load she realized it was a full load, then proceeded to lecture me about other peoples laundry lying around the house. WTF?

I could spend the next five miles in HTML text explaining to you how I am already harboring a minimal load of anxiety due to the overload of time spent with my obnoxious family, but I won't. I am just going to quietly and without any cap locks tell you that level meter has zoomed way past the pleasant mark and is now lingering the the red zone marked "danger!".

So I have begun to look into a few places here in Broomfield. However, unless I find a roommate quick I'll be stuck with the family. And if that is the case, I hope I find the patience to make it through the next six months without stabbing myself in the eye with a pair of scissors just so I can spend a few nights away at the hospital where the sick and dying are because they are much more pleasant to share a room with.


No comments: