1/30/2007

On rasing children

I'm not one to get serious very often but for some reason a very serious realization struck me. be warned that if you read my blog only for humor and bizarre insight you might want to stop now. Anyways, it struck that of all the things I have done wrong in my life, the way I handled my family was the worst. By family I mean the one my ex-husband and I had when we got married and gave birth to our son. Now, I am in no way implying that I never should have divorced him because that would be less of a good ideal than divorce itself, but isn't there a better way? I never stopped to consider what it must be like for my son, going from one house to the other every week, from the constant change in routine, rules, and atmosphere. It must be hard for him. I only wish there had been a better way.

No comments: