9/07/2006

And then she stole my heart...

I have become one of those people, those jogging in the park with their dog people, those walking down the street with there dog people, those talking like a baby to their dog people, those talk all the time about their dog people. Yes, I, the worlds biggest dog hater has become a proud owner, and I love it. My beautiful puppy makes me smile, even when she tries to rip the shag right out of my carpet. I feel like I have been exposed to a whole new world, the dog owner world. Suddenly I am on the inside, it's like I unlocked a door to some secret club and now I know all kinds of secrets. Funny thing is as a cat owner of more than a decade I never got that sense of being part of a "society". Maybe that's because cats are in general just an accessory to your house, dogs are friends. You can't take a cat for a walk, teach it to sit, roll over, or cuddle with it. In general, most cats want to be left alone except when THEY think you should pet them, and could care less about anything else but their daily bread. Don't get me wrong, cats are awesome, but I am in love with my new puppy. Pics will be posted as soon as my camera is replaced.

No comments: