3/21/2008

Changes...

Yesterday, I woke up with a hang over and decided to say fuck on the idea of going to work. Instead I sat about playing on the internet and then I headed down to the Frontier building to go through all of my paperwork and take a drug test...

Can I just say, drug tests have become so formal these days. The last time I took a drug test some lady handed me a Dixie cup and sent me to an outhouse around back. But yesterday the lady had a special cup that came sealed. I had to put all my belongings in a file cabinet before going to the bathroom, where I could not was my hands, use toilet paper, or flush the toilet, until after the nurse came to "check things out".

Funny thing about the whole ordeal was checking in. When I looked up at the clock to see what time to write on the form it was 4:20pm.

Then I had my finger prints taken with a spiffy little machine that required no ink, and next I'll be taking a physical (turn your head and cough)...

Life is crazy busy with the new job, trying to finish up a few chapters for the book I'm co-authoring, and now I've been offered money to put adds on my blog.

Plus, yesterday was the one year anniversary of a very devastating day for me. Ironically, I had an IM conversation with the person who caused all my misery. He asked me a very interesting question: If I could date anyone int he whole world, who would I date?

It's an interesting question to ponder, and I wonder if he took my response serious or thought I was joking. That will stay on my mind for a while.

He did ask me to come visit him once I was finished with flight attendant school. So now, I've got to plan a trip to Phiily and try to keep a level head about everything.

Anyways, wish me luck...

No comments: