2/21/2007

I hate it when that happens...

I just had the most peculiar conversation with my four year old tonight as we were discussing where babies come from. In some random and very bizarre twist of things my son asked me if his Uncle Dan came from the same place as he did. After careful consideration I informed him that yes, he indeed did come from a woman's belly, just not mine. Then my son looked me dead in the eye with a furrowed brow that could only mean one thing; what he was about to say was of such importance that Bush should send out a national memo. He then opened his so very sweet and innocent mouth and said, "Mommy, Uncle Dan really pisses me off!" It was completely impossible to do the right thing and inform my son that his uncle did not piss him off but made him angry. Instead, I asked why like any good Christian woman who drinks bourbon would. Apparently, my son does not like to be called a "foo", as in "What's up foo?" And he didn't waste a second before demanding I march myself downstairs to tell Dan how much he really pisses him off. i guess that's what a parent gets now adawys for talking about the birds and the bees. Our children have much more important things to worry about with Brittney Spears shaving all her hair off and Lindsay Lohan ending up in rehab anyways. Besides, they implemented sex education in public schools for a reason...

No comments: