4/07/2006

Celebrating a victory, a birthday, yet mourning the world's worst luck...

Twenty-two years ago, to this day, I was ripped from that rather comfy water bed I love to call my mother's uterus and thrust into a rather cold, almost unbearable, world. I like to picture God standing over my mother and father that day with a devious grin on his face wondering what cruel joke he could play on all of us, next thing I know I am cursed with the world worst luck. It's true, let me give you an example. Last year on my twenty-first birthday I lost my Identification. The whole year went down hill from there. It made me wonder if twenty-one is just an unlucky number for me. That suspicion was confirmed when I got my first, then second speeding ticket during my twenty-first year going twenty-one miles over the speed limit. I am glad to ring in my twenty-second birthday and wash away some of that bad luck, however, I awoke to the sound of raindrops on my window. As much as I love the smell of rain I was really hoping it would be warm enough for me to stumble home drunk after my party tonight, looks like I will have to hitch a ride. But you know what they say, April showers bring May flowers, and May brings the celebration of my sister Mindy's twenty-first birthday. I hope it is a much better year for her than it was for me.
Today I feel most inclined to celebrate another big event. To the rest of you it may seem small and silly but for me this is a milestone. Today is the first day in as long as I can remember (several years) that I have conquered the task of finishing all the laundry. When I say finish I mean really actually finished. It's not sitting in the dryer or on my pool table which also doubles as a laundry table. I actually managed to fold it and put it away! I have never seen my closet so full of clean clothes. This is a huge victory for me, the laundry battle has finally ended for me, for a few days at least.
I look forward to my birthday celebration tonight with lots of good friends, a beautiful cake decorated by my mother (aka the cake master), and we can't forget the booze. Oh the booze. What more could a girl ask for (aside from a winning lottery ticket, the world's perfect man, and a nice rack)?

No comments: