3/29/2006

All work no play...

Things were a bit crazy here at work but then the whole universe must have lied down and taken a nap because there is nothing to do. My phone is dead. I have been eying my cold oatmeal, but at a time like this (where I actually have down time at work) how could I possibly eat? Anyways, I can tell some of my co-workers get just as bored as I do because I receive silly emails containing useless yet interesting information. Here is what I have learned:

1) In Texas it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow.

2) More than 2,500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people.

3) The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.

4) Near Miss Day commemorates the day a huge Asteroid nearly missed hitting the earth. On March 23, 1989, an asteroid the size of a mountain, came within 500,000 miles of a collision with Earth. In interstellar terms, it was a near miss. Had it collided with the Earth, It would have left a devastating crater the size of Washington, D.C. It's affect on the planet would have been catastrophic.

5) Liquid TIDE laundry detergent glows under a blacklight.

6) The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado!

7) 55.2% of us will let someone else come in the bathroom while they're using the toilet.

8) More than 6,000 people with pillow-related injuries check into U.S. emergency rooms every year!

9) You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark.

10) Dr. Seuss coined the word nerd.

No comments: